This keto recipe is perfect for post-workout recovery -- as a hot or cold keto drink or keto pudding.
Through your keto diet journey, whether you are seeking to gain muscle, lose fat, or simply feel better, the food you eat and when you eat it after a workout can have a major impact on your health goals. For the first 30 to 60 minutes after a workout, your body is primed for fuel and replenishment.
Try KE’s Chocolate Almond with Sea Salt keto recipe, loaded with plenty of healthy fats, moderate protein, and low net carbs to support your keto diet and healthy lifestyle. The sea salt helps replenish important minerals lost during your workout. With its focused keto macros, you’ll reward your body and treat your taste buds.
Don’t worry if you don’t like coconut milk. The rich flavors of KE’s Keto High Fat Cocoa Powder and nut butter in the keto shake mask it. You can also substitute with any high fat/low carb nut butter or coconut creme with minor impacts to the overall nutrition information listed below.
PREP/COOK TIME FOR THIS KETO RECIPE 3 minutes
INGREDIENTS IN THIS KETO RECIPE
- 1 teaspoon organic C8 MCT oil
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoon KE Pantry Keto High Fat Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon KE Pantry Keto Collagen Protein Powder
- 1 Tablespoon organic unsalted almond butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Hot or ice cold water and ice cubes to taste, approximately 2-6 ounces
PREPARATION STEPS FOR THIS KETO RECIPE
Combine all of the ingredients listed above, except water, in a blender or hand mixer container. Whirl on high speed until well combined. Add hot 2-6 oz of hot or ice cold water to taste. Blend. If cold, serve over ice. Enjoy this scrumptious keto drink 30 to 60 minutes after your workout – or any time of day to fuel your keto diet and satisfy your keto chocolate cravings.
PER SERVING MACROS FOR THIS KETO RECIPE
PER SERVING NUTRITION INFORMATION FOR THIS KETO DRINK
- We go heavy on the Himalayan sea salt to replenish valuable minerals. You may want to start with less.
- Skip the water and ice in the keto recipe above, and eat the keto pudding base with a spoon for a super decadent post workout (or anytime of the day) keto treat.
- Reduce the keto high fat cocoa powder by 1 Tablespoon if the chocolate flavor is too rich or you want to reduce the recipe by 1g net carbs.
- Add your favorite sweetener to taste if the chocolate flavor is too strong, but we highly recommend adjusting your taste buds to no sweeteners whenever possible.
- Add another 1-2 Tablespoons of collagen protein powder if you are accustomed to consuming it, and you want a protein boost.
- Make a larger batch of the base “batter” (without adding water) up to one week in advance. Store in an air tight container. Portion out a scant half cup (if you can control your spoon!). Eat as a keto pudding, or add water when you are ready to savor. One standard 13.5 fl oz/398 mL can of organic coconut milk contains roughly 6-¼ cup servings. Perfect for a week’s supply!
- ‡KE calculates Net Carbs in our keto recipes by subtracting Fiber from Total Carbohydrates. We never add Sugar Alcohols to our keto foods or keto recipes.
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS KETO RECIPES FROM KE
If you love this keto drink recipe, you might also enjoy some of our other keto recipes, including:
Keto Creamsicle Shake – A Keto Meal / Keto Dessert Recipe